Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to our knitting community blog! Elizabeth, Mera and I started knitting together six months ago every Saturday night. Both Elizabeth and Mera are more expert knitters than I, they taught me a lot of what I know in the past six months. We started this blog together after Mera left us Chicago gals for the sunny state of California. But she can tell you more about that later.

Tonight I am working on this lovely cowl for myself. I spent all of November and December knitting gifts for my friends and family. As a little post-holiday gift to myself I purchased this fancy yarn from Loops and Links in my hometown De Pere, Wisconsin. This yarn is Navajo Silver from the Baby Boom collection of Fiesta Yarns.

I am not following a pattern, just knitting in the round 15 rows and then purling one, etc. It looks pretty neat so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment